In a personal injury case, can I get lost wages as damages under MA law?


If I sue someone because of an injury they caused to my back, can I get my lost wages as damages under MA law?  I’ve missed so many days of work because of severe back problems that resulted from the accident. I’m in the process of finding an attorney, but I was curious about this because it’s really eating into my income (I am out of sick days now).Thanks.


Yes you can recover for lost wages or even a loss of earning capacity. This means that you don’t even have to be working at the time of the accident to recover for a loss of potential earnings. The law allows one who has been injured to recover for a loss of earning capacity which would include both past and future lost earnings, past and future medical expenses and pain and suffering.

Greater Boston Massachusetts personal injury attorney Stephen Morte represents victims of accidents, negligence and malpractice throughout the Greater Boston, Middlesex County, and Worcester County region including the towns Acton, Ashland, Berlin, Bolton, Boston, Boylston, Cambridge, Clinton, Concord, Framingham, Holliston, Hopkinton, Hudson, Lancaster, Leominster, Lowell, Marlborough, Milford, Natick, Northborough, Shrewsbury, Stow, Southborough, Sudbury, Upton, Westborough, and Worcester, MA.

Greater Boston Personal Injury Lawyer
74 Main Street
Marlborough, MA 017520