In general, under MA law how do I know if I can sue for damages from a car accident?

Additional Information:

I recently suffered injuries in a car accident on Route 495 in Westborough. In general, under Massachusetts law, how do I know if I can sue for damages?


Under Massachusetts law you can bring a lawsuit against the negligent operator of a motor vehicle if you have been injured and your reasonable and necessary medical expenses are in excess of $2000.00. Typically your lawyer would sue the other operator and his insurance company would defend and or pay your damages. Lawsuits like these must be brought within three years from the date of the accident. 

Westborough Car Accident Attorney, Stephen Morte represents victims of auto and trucking accidents in Westborough, Massachusetts and the nearby cities and towns in Worcester County including: West Boylston, Shrewsbury, Grafton, Millbury, Auburn, Worcester, Leicester, and Holden.

Westborough Car Accident Attorney
74 Main Street
Marlborough, MA 017520